Decide on the next liveries

Forums for discussions about Wing42, new developments and aviation in general.
Vitus

Decide on the next liveries

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 11:31

With every update, I'd like to include two new liveries for the Lockheed Vega and the last update saw the inclusion of the "Mirow Air Service" and "The Sky Lounge" liveries. I thought it would be a good idea to let the community decide which liveries should be next, so lets do a poll.

The poll will be in two rounds, each lasting a week. The first week I'd ask you to submit your candidate, the second week you can vote on the submitted suggestions. We start round one now and you can submit your candidate until I start the poll on next Monday morning 3rd of September.

For your submission, please provide sufficient reference material. If there's a logo or artwork involved in the design, it would be good if you could find a high enough resolution picture of the logo or artwork as well. If you'd like to see a fictional livery, describe how you envisage the livery and provide reference images or drawings to illustrate your idea.

Please don't submit the long-range record flyers, like Earhart's or Post's Vega. Since those aircraft will receive a special treatment later anyway.

EDIT
I keep a list up to date here.
  • c/n 72, reg. XB-MAA - Red Aerea Mexicana S.A., Mexico (RAMSA), submitted by Vitus
  • c/n 59, reg. XA-BAW - Corp. Aeronautica de Transportes S.A., Mexico (C.A.T.), submitted by Vitus
  • c/n 53, reg. NC-624E - Trans-continental & Western Air Inc., U.S.A., submitted by GrizzlyAir
  • c/n 99, reg. NC-47M, Alaska Air Transport Inc. (floats) - submitted by Canuckshaw [I'm still not sure if I can allow the float version, since the changes to the 3dd model, plus the changes to the aerodynamics are considerable!]
  • c/n XX, reg. ? - Bluegrass Airlines (VA), U.S.A., submitted by Blockwood
  • c/n 161, reg. NC-47-M - plain metal (DL-1), U.S.A., submitted by SovietSparta
  • c/n 155, reg. G-ABGK - Cmdr. Lt. Glen Kidston, Great Britan (DL-1), submitted by YoYo
  • c/n 155, reg. VH-UVK - RAAF Australia (DL-1), submitted by YoYo
  • c/n 124, reg. XA-BFR - Lineas Aereas Mineras S.A., Mexico (5B), submitted by YoYo
  • c/n 60, reg. XA-DEC - Lineas Aereas Mineras S.A., Mexico (5B), submitted by YoYo
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Vitus

Re: Decide on the next liveries

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 11:50

I want to kick it off with my own two submission. I'd like to see one of the Mexican Vegas included in the next update. Submission number 1:
(c/n 72)

My second submission is XA-BAW (c/n/ 59). Just because she later received the wing of c/n 58, which looks funny:

GrizzlyAir

Post by GrizzlyAir » 27 Aug 2018, 13:55

I’ll follow on with images of the plane I was discussing earlier. Western Air express and TAT merged to create TWA, transcontinental and Western. Here is their Vega. My submission for the poll

Someone painted the old FS9 Lockheed Vega with this scheme, but it really needs someone to update it to the Wing 42

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 14:53

That's a wonderful submission. Thank you!

blockwood

Post by blockwood » 27 Aug 2018, 17:46

My Virtual Airline I fly with, "Bluegrass Airlines".

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Vega/Imag ... egrass.jpg

Canuckshaw

Post by Canuckshaw » 27 Aug 2018, 21:03

GrizzlyAir wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 13:55
I’ll follow on with images of the plane I was discussing earlier. Western Air express and TAT merged to create TWA, transcontinental and Western. Here is their Vega. My submission for the poll

This is a fantastic livery! I second the nomination.

Canuckshaw

Canuckshaw

Post by Canuckshaw » 27 Aug 2018, 21:39

My vote, though it will cause a redesign of side panels and windows, is the iconic "Winnie Mae" NR-105-W.

Respectfully,

Canuckshaw

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 21:56

Hi Canuckshaw,
To quote myself:
Vitus wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 11:31
Please don't submit the long-range record flyers, like Earhart's or Post's Vega. Since those aircraft will receive a special treatment later anyway.
The Winnie Mae needs much more than an adjustment of the windows. But worry not, she will get a more than fair treatment in a future update, but for this round it's not her time yet. In order to do her justice I'll need to remove the seats add the additional fuel tanks, add fuel tank selectors in the cockpit and program the DLL accordingly as well. She'd also need a different payload manager so that you can fill her up. She needs a larger oil tank and some additional equipment for navigation (either Mr. Gatty, or the direction finder & autopilot).

So sorry to disappoint, but I cannot allow the Winnie Mae in the poll for now. I hope you understand ;)

Canuckshaw

Post by Canuckshaw » 27 Aug 2018, 22:21

Maybe a float version, NC-47-M flying as either Alaska Air Transport Inc. or Alaska Coastal Airlines.

Respectfully,

Canuckshaw

SovietSparta

Post by SovietSparta » 27 Aug 2018, 22:32

Hi everybody !

I'm all for a basic, dirty, simple, grey/metallic (but not shiny!) paint :mrgreen: