Database for P&W engines

General information about Wing42's Lockheed Vega.
Vitus

Database for P&W engines

Post by Vitus » 21 Aug 2018, 10:48

And while we're at it:
Is there a database of all the Pratt and Whitney engines produced by serial number? "Revolution in the Sky" has an extensive table of all the Vegas built and which engine was installed. It would be cool if I could cross-reference those serial numbers with a Pratt & Whitney database to find out the exact configuration of each engine.
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Flyby77

Re: Database for P&W engines

Post by Flyby77 » 10 Sep 2018, 15:36

Yes the FAA,gov web site lists all P&W engines. are you able to access this site? If so navigate to Type Certificate Data sheets/ Revision history TCDS/ Product type/ engines/ P&W? If not PM me and I can download data for you.

rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameset

Vitus

Re: Database for P&W engines

Post by Vitus » 11 Sep 2018, 12:13

The FAA maintains the type certificates for any engine type. However I am looking for tables that list the serial numbers of all engines of certain types built to find out what features those particular engines had. For instance Vega 5 c/n 128 is the one flown by Mirow Air Service. It had a Pratt & Whitney Wasp engine installed with serial number #3200. I'm wondering if there's a database that will tell me exactly what components were part of #3200, i.e. whether it's a C1 or an SC1 or something completely different. What type of starter was it equipped with? It's not super-important information, but it would help to fill some gaps :)
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company