I learned about flying from that

General information about Wing42's Lockheed Vega.
triflyman

I learned about flying from that

Post by triflyman » 07 Aug 2018, 02:34

With apologies to Flying magazine.

Been touring the Pacific Northwest in Orbx scenery. Landed at CBD5 for lunch for myself & the passengers. Left the sim running while I went in to have my lunch. Came back out to continue flight to CZST without a "Walk Around" (you can see this coming...right). Short taxi out and takeoff and...guess what...no airspeed indicated (runway to short to stop by time I looked at the ASI). Came back around and landed, a little fast I presume since it took the full runway to stop, and, yes the Pitot tube was blocked.

Great modeling as I also did not put on the Pitot Tube Cover.

Vitus

Re: I learned about flying from that

Post by Vitus » 07 Aug 2018, 13:56

This happens to me on a regular basis as well....
I'm glad you like it, I do think however that I should tune down the probability of it happening :lol:

There's actually quite a bit of calculation going on in the background. For example, there's different probabilities for the different types of ground you park on. If you park on grass, there's a higher chance of insects getting in either the static port or pitot tube. On the other hand there's a higher chance of dust particles getting into the pitot when you're flying low and slow over dirt. :geek:
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

triflyman

Post by triflyman » 07 Aug 2018, 18:52

This is just too great. Yes I landed on a grass runway and parked on grass...so lesson learned.

Tailspin45

Post by Tailspin45 » 12 Aug 2018, 17:45

There's a press release right there! Simply amazing attention to detail.