Problems with Throttle and Mixture Assignment

Get tech support for your Lockheed Vega here.
Rhinozherous

Problems with Throttle and Mixture Assignment

Post by Rhinozherous » 09 Apr 2019, 20:41

Hello!

First, thank you for this very nice made aircraft!

I have the actual version 0.85.02 for P3Dv4 and I tried to assign Throttle and Mixture to my Thrustmaster Warthog joystick via a licensed version of FSUIPC.
The levers move but when I move the Thrustlever or the Mixturelever all the way back to 0% they snap full forward to 100% -- alltough the tooltip for the levers is not showing 100, they show a very high number at the range of 103000000 or something.

Thank you very much

Vitus

Re: Problems with Throttle and Mixture Assignment

Post by Vitus » 09 Apr 2019, 22:50

Hi Rhinozherous,
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry that the throttle and mixture don't work properly. It's difficult to pinpoint what went wrong, my first suggestion would be the following:
Open the explorer and navigate to simObjects/Airplanes/ and delete the three Wing42 folders. Then run the installer again.
If this doesn't resolve the problem, could you please deactivate FSUIPC and see if that's the cause of the issue?

Cheers,
Otmar
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Rhinozherous

Post by Rhinozherous » 10 Apr 2019, 13:32

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the airplane. No success via FSUIPC. After this I tried to bind the Throttle and Mix axis via default P3D axis - Now the Throttle works normal but the Mixture is doing the same weird snapping.

I can live with this configuration when I just dont use an axis on the mix, but I have to rebind the Throttle everytime I fly the Vega because I use FSUIPC for all planes I fly and have to unbind the Default axis to function properly.

IGrant

Post by IGrant » 14 Apr 2019, 01:49

I have this exact same problem but I use Saitek throttles. I've tried mapping the axis every way possible through FSUIPC (normal, direct FSUIPC, mapped to throttle 1 or just throttle). Nothing seems to work. I just blew up my motor on short final because I accidentally pulled the throttle all the way back and it shot up to 13 million percent.

There is one last thing I am going to try which is manually editing the FSUIPC config file so that the minimum calibration number is something off the scale that the controller actually goes to. I.e. I think right now it's something like -16435 and I'm hoping that I make it -16680 or about 256 lower that I can still be off the throttle with out triggering the 13million% bug. I'll report back when I get a chance to try this.

IGrant

Post by IGrant » 14 Apr 2019, 17:37

Manually editing fsuipc.cfg worked for me. If you are interested in doing this so you don't have to change control configurations through the FSX/P3D menus every time you fly the Vega, this is how:

1. Assign your controls through FSUIPC like normal.
2. Use the calibration dialogue in FSUIPC to set the ranges of your throttle and mixture. Make sure you set the min and max as the absolute ends of your controller's travel (i.e. full to the stops).
3. Close your sim and open FSUIPC5.cfg in the Modules folder found in the main sim directory. (FSUIPC4.cfg if not using P3D4) Notepad will read, edit and save this file.
4. Find the calibration entries for the Vega. The sections are defined in brackets and it will be called [JoystickCalibration.yourcontrolprofilename] Mine is [JoystikCalibration.Lockheed Vega] for example.
6. In the list will be settings for Throttle= and Mixture= followed by two numbers separated by a comma. The first is the minimum which is what you need to change.
7. You need to set a number that is beyond the range of your controller here. Since I'm using a delta of 256 I 'added' 256 to the range to be safe. Mind you the minimum can and probably already is a negative number. In my case it was -16324 for my Saitek quadrant. I changed it to -16580.

The byproduct of this is that you won't be able to reach absolute 0% for these axis. For the throttle the effect is negligible at worst; I had absolutely no ill effects from this. It is possible, however, that you might need to use the mouse or key shortcut to be able to shut down the engine. This is unlikely but since it's only once a flight, it's a trade off I'm willing to live with for the convenience of having a reliably working axis.

Unfortunately this is strictly a work around and not an actual cure for the bug.

Rhinozherous

Post by Rhinozherous » 15 Apr 2019, 16:06

Thank you very much! Will trie this! Maybe this problem could be patched out too by the dev, as I think it is related to the aircraft itself.

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 16 Apr 2019, 07:59

This is an odd one for me. I am not using FSUIPC, so I can't really test what's going on here. While I really don't know what's causing this issue, I have an idea of a fix. Would one of you be willing to test my fix in an experimental build?
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Rhinozherous

Post by Rhinozherous » 18 Apr 2019, 11:58

Vitus wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 07:59
This is an odd one for me. I am not using FSUIPC, so I can't really test what's going on here. While I really don't know what's causing this issue, I have an idea of a fix. Would one of you be willing to test my fix in an experimental build?
For sure!