cowling removal

Get tech support for your Lockheed Vega here.
speedy70

cowling removal

Post by speedy70 » 21 Jun 2018, 03:47

Hi Vitus,
I am really enjoying your Vega 5 she is fun to fly and very responsive.She lands beautifully once you learn how to bleed off speed.
Two questions however .
I have seen a picture with the engine cowling half removed.How do I do that?

How often can we expect updates?

Cheers Chris

Vitus

Re: cowling removal

Post by Vitus » 21 Jun 2018, 09:00

Hi Chris,

At the moment, there's no mechanism to remove the cowling. To get the picture I modified one of the 2d interfaces to do that for me. My plan is to expand the maintenance manual to include the removal of the cowling. I'm thinking of a big button on top of the manual when you first open the panel. The button will read something like "BEGIN MAINTENANCE", which will remove the cowlings and enabled the rest of the interface.
speedy70 wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 03:47
How often can we expect updates?
Updates will be irregular, because of the varying degrees of time involved in the new features. I am currently working on version 0.04 for which I estimated about two months (more here) and that's roughly the cycle I am aiming for.
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 22 Jun 2018, 16:29

Small yellow warning light - as the engine is very complex, modeling it in sim probably could have big performance penalty... It will be a tradeoff. Just a remark about this...

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 22 Jun 2018, 20:09

Jarek wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 16:29
Small yellow warning light - as the engine is very complex, modeling it in sim probably could have big performance penalty... It will be a tradeoff. Just a remark about this...
That's true, but it really depends on the 3d modelling. Mind you, the engine is already (more or less) fully modeled - so the performance hit already struck! :lol:
But the back of the engine could definitely use some more tlc, which is one reason why the opening of the cowlings wasn't a high up priority on my list...
I might include the removal in the next update, if I find the time for it and then let you decide if it's good enough as it is ;)
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company