Repaints

Forums for discussions about Wing42, new developments and aviation in general.
GrizzlyAir

Repaints

Post by GrizzlyAir » 26 Aug 2018, 21:40

Looking for TAT and Western Air paints or a Transcontinental and Western paint. I really like the Transcontinental and Western paint on the old Vega pics I’ve found. Early TwA flights are fun in this plane. I’ve been streaming them on a twitch. I just wish I had a paint to match the flights.

Has anyone started painting it?

YoYo

Re: Repaints

Post by YoYo » 26 Aug 2018, 21:59

As I know paintkit wasnt released yet (3D model could have some small changes in the future).

GrizzlyAir

Post by GrizzlyAir » 27 Aug 2018, 01:02

I love the Braniff paint that comes with it, but the Trans and western paints with the indian head logo is a fantastic scheme. I hope some talented painters choose to paint it up

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 11:20

I want to elaborate a bit on what Yoyo pointed out.
There's still changes to be made to the exterior model, and with those changes it is possible for the texture mapping to change as well. As long as the texture mapping changes I am reluctant to release a paintkit, because I wouldn't want someone to spend a lot of time on a wonderful repaint only to find that the next update "breaks" it. I even have a current example for this: with the next update comes a new cowling. This new cowling required a re-mapping of the l5_fuselage.dds and because of the more rounder shape, I had to realign the cowl's paint for all current liveries (shitty job..).

Thank you for the suggestion though, you gave me an idea... 8-)
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 12:47

That's the idea:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=858 :mrgreen:
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company