Discount codes in the shop not working properly

Forums for discussions about Wing42, new developments and aviation in general.
Vitus

Discount codes in the shop not working properly

Post by Vitus » 26 Aug 2018, 14:43

Problem resolved. 3/09/2018

The following issue affects new customers who want to purchase the Vega, using a discount code. (updated 02/09/2018)

TLDR: there's bug in the shop software, the discount is not properly displayed and the total not calculated correctly. You can proceed with the purchase, PayPal will only charge you the discounted price! However I need to manually confirm the payment, which can lead to some delay until you have access to the product.

Long version:
There currently is a problem with the shop-software of my website that affects customers who want to apply a discount code. Since one of the previous updates of the shop software, discounts are not displayed correctly in the shopping cart and during checkout. The total that is being displayed stays untouched - i.e. 30 Euros for the Vega. If you proceed with the checkout, you'll be redirected to PayPal and PayPal will charge you the correct amount. So with a 20% discount code, PayPal will only charge you 24 Euros for the Lockheed Vega, as expected.

After the purchase PayPal automatically redirects you back to the Wing42 website, but since the shop miscalculated the price it will prompt a payment error and you might receive an email informing you of the "ordering error". I see this payment error on the back-end of the shop as well and will rectify it by manually accepting the payment, but since this is a manual process, it might take a while until your purchase is unlocked this way. I am usually very quick to respond to this, but if you happen to purchase the aircraft at 3am (GMT), I ask for your patience until the next morning.

All of this is very unsettling to me, because it's such an unnecessary obstacle to purchase and I apologize for all the inconvenience this causes. I am working on a solution for the issue, but so far my attempts have fallen flat. I currently run tests on my test-server, trying to re-create the issue but until a viable solution is found, I can only appeal to your patience.

So sorry again for the trouble this is causing.
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Vitus

Re: Discount codes in the shop not working properly

Post by Vitus » 03 Sep 2018, 15:04

I found a work-around for this problem. Discount codes should be working properly now!
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company