FAQ :)

Get tech support for your Lockheed Vega here.
YoYo

FAQ :)

Post by YoYo » 25 Aug 2018, 21:30

Hi,
Ok, started to test. :)
After the one flight I turned off all and I'd like to start again, but can't start engine and see only the one pressure lamp (Oil):

Any idea?
Fuel is near 30%, oil is present, all fuses are ok, the rest is ok too I suppose... but...? ;)

Edit.
Ok Jack solved this problem on "maintenance" panel.
It was Starer Motor:

YoYo

Re: FAQ :)

Post by YoYo » 26 Aug 2018, 09:26

Question about Trim Elevator simconnect function.
What do You use here? I cant find, I dont see here Local, FSUIPC or LVAR function.
FS/P3D as default uses here simconnect function: ELEV_TRIM_DN and ELEV_TRIM_UP, which doesn't work in Vega VC.
I can't setup Trim for Saitek panel what is important for me :) .

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 26 Aug 2018, 13:26

Good afternoon,

The starter motor and the booster coil are a bit tricky at the moment - the push-buttons for those two devices don't disengage automatically after the engine start, you need to manually disengage them by clicking on the buttons again after a successful start. Failing to do so leads to an excessive build-up of heat, the wires will melt and the motor/coil will fail. I get this comment a lot, but worry not: I am currently working on a revamp of the starter. The current direct-drive will be replaced with a inertia starter system. One benefit for that is that the button will be replaced with a three-position switch that automatically snaps back into the "0" position when you let go, thus eliminating the problem of forgetting to turn off the motor ;)

As for the trim:
I am actually not using simConnect to set the trim. The animation of the elevator and the trim lever are a simple readout of the variable (A:ELEVATOR TRIM PCT,percent) and I use the K:AXIS_ELEV_TRIM_SET event to set the trim whenever you click and drag the lever in the cockpit. Essentially, I don't see any reason why the default events for the elevator trim shouldn't work. I assigned two of the buttons on my old X52 to the "elevator trim up" and "elevator trim down" within the sim and it works fine. Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe check if there isn't something else that is overwriting your joystick events? Maybe you set it up twice - in FSUIPC and within the sim's settings?
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 26 Aug 2018, 15:02

Ok, about trim, I set up this:

and it works! TY!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about Oil? It isnt finished yet, right?
I see difference between temperatures of model and sim.

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 26 Aug 2018, 16:34

I'm happy you got the trim working!
YoYo wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 15:02
How about Oil? It isnt finished yet, right?
I see difference between temperatures of model and sim.
The difference is to be expected. The oil system integrated in the Vega runs completely independent of the values the sim calculates. I included the FSX/P3D value purely as a reference.

The oil system itself is essentially finished, the only thing that will require some time is tweaking the parameters, since right now there's still some issues regarding the heat dissipation.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 26 Aug 2018, 22:01

So which Oil temperature coresponding with the main Gauge? Looks like Wing42 Oil (The red one I think).

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 27 Aug 2018, 11:08

The oil temperature and oil pressure instruments have their sensors located at the engine's inlet. Since the check-valve is the last external part, that's what provides the data in the sim.
If you click on the valve, you will see that it's oil parameters match with the "Wing42 oil temperature/pressure" values, and those are indeed the values used by the two oil gauges on the dash.