To-do list for 0.85

Get tech support for your Lockheed Vega here.
Vitus

To-do list for 0.85

Post by Vitus » 22 Jul 2018, 17:09

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's time to set the goals for the next round of development. So, below you'll find the list of things I want to work on for version 0.85 of our Lockheed Vega 5.

TO-DO list for version 0.85
  • Sound engine - Implementation of a sound module to play and loop cockpit sounds. - done.
  • Engine primer - I want to replace the primer with the Lunkenheimer model as discussed over here. - done.
  • Mixture, Ignition, Combustion - it's time to replace the sim's combustion model and replace it with real world Prop-o-Tronic physics! This feature will be the centerpiece of the next update since it will finally bring the old R-1340 SC1 to life!
  • Oil pressure relief valve - as of v0.04, there's no mechanism to limit the oil pressure. There needs to be a pressure relief valve somewhere in the system.
  • Oil consumption and drip - add oil consumption to the lubrication module and a way for the parts to drip out oil when the engine is not running.
  • Oil system tuning - pressure, density and viscosity boundary conditions are still quite rough, need to tune and refine the variables to make the results more plausible.
  • Fuel system - re-route and add provisions for long-range fuselage tanks
  • [fix]Lockheed logos - flip on some liveries - done.
  • [fix]ASI - the ASI doesn't seem to reset after fixing a blockage. No idea why, let's find out and fix that.
  • [fix]Wing/fuselage connectors - fix the position of the connectors so they won't penetrate the hull. - done.
  • SECRET - some things I rather not disclose at the moment 8-)
I want to release the next update around mid-September, which is quite ambitious considering the volume of work ahead of me. So please be patient in case I can't deliver on time...

As before, please let me know if you'd like to add something to the list of things for v0.85.

Please let me know if you'd like something else on the list.

Cheers,
Otmar
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Vitus

Re: To-do list for 0.05

Post by Vitus » 22 Jul 2018, 17:11

New primer with a separate control for the valve:
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 23 Jul 2018, 18:10

Wing attachment bolts - same element on both sides of the rib. Look at the rear wing attachment from the back of airplane.
These bolts do penetrate the hull, however are covered with under-wing fairings, so in fact are invisible from outside.
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (1023.81 KiB) Viewed 861 times
Angle between wing section covers (these with small inspection doors) and horizontal line is ~75degrees.
Fairing and small side window in cockpit form an unitary surface. That's why there is a small gap between cockpit wall and these window (triangular in shape).

Ifikratis

Post by Ifikratis » 05 Aug 2018, 15:09

Amazing news! Thank you very much Vitus for your dedication to excellence! Looking forward for this update :)

Tailspin45

Post by Tailspin45 » 06 Aug 2018, 01:30

You know, I'm starting to have trouble distinguishing your images from real photos. And I LOVE it!

Speaking of love, the new walkaround is brilliant. Inspired!

Regarding oil drip, maybe add an oil can and wire that hangs under the engine to catch the drips? Something that has to be removed during walkaround or there are consequences.

jean marc

Post by jean marc » 06 Aug 2018, 19:13

Hello
Great plane - just missing pilot & passengers choice