I Must Be Doing Something Wrong - It Won't Move!

Get tech support for your Lockheed Vega here.
VivaLasVega

I Must Be Doing Something Wrong - It Won't Move!

Post by VivaLasVega » 06 Apr 2019, 20:43

Very impressed with the update & the complexity built into the systems monitoring.
However, I have it ticking over on the tarmac & when I advance the throttle, which does move in the cockpit, the engine note does not change & the Vega is glued to the ground.
I used the "ready to go" option in then the 'shift + Number ' menu.
What am I doing wrong?
Btw, I have P3D v4.3, this isn't v4.4 only is it?
VLV

Vitus

Re: I Must Be Doing Something Wrong - It Won't Move!

Post by Vitus » 06 Apr 2019, 21:18

Hey LVL,
Welcome to the forum, love your username!

The Vega should be working with any P3Dv4 version. I'm running 4.2 on my development machine an 4.4 on a test rig, with no problems.
There are a couple of possibilities what's going on in your case. Did you check if you still have wheel chocks or tie downs installed?
If not, it might be an issue with the engine. Make sure you advance the spark once the engine is started, otherwise the ignition is timed wrongly and the engine won't produce enough power and might backfire (technically "after-fire"). Also make sure to adjust the mixture and lean the engine to get more power out of the engine.

Hope this helps, let me know!
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

VivaLasVega

Post by VivaLasVega » 06 Apr 2019, 22:51

Thank you Vitus.
I went back & tried again.
I suspect a faulty install on my part.
There were no chocks or tie downs. When I clicked the lever to make the steps drop down, they didn't.
When I advance the throttle the revs don't change , the engine note doesn't change.
I advanced spark to 100%. BTW, what should the blower be set at %?

Anyway, I went for the uninstall, turn off the Antivirus etc, d/load & reinstall.
I noticed that the uninstal said it was taking out 48.6mb, which I am pretty sure is a lot less than the download.

However, I have made a bit of a dog's breakfast of this as I found when I logged into my account that the update has disappeared.

So, how can I get the update back into my a/c & try a fresh d/load, reinstall?
Thanks
VLV

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 07 Apr 2019, 00:04

I sent you a PM, let me know if it helps.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » 07 Apr 2019, 00:53

I'm having the same problem plus some in FSXA.

I was able to take a couple flights this morning, but only after reloading the aircraft. Now, when I load the aircraft and click "ready to fly" the engine turns over - but the sound and animations are intermittent. Once I get the engine running and manifold pressure up, the aircraft is stuck to the ground. No chocks or tiedowns are present.

I deleted the *.dat file to refresh it, but the problems persist. Not sure what to do at this point.

--WH

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 07 Apr 2019, 01:16

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I tried reproducing the problem and I can confirm that there is a problem with the aircraft being stuck, when using "ready to fly" - sometimes.
I have a suspicion what's causing this and will investigate tomorrow. What helped for me was to switch to "Cold and Dark", wait a bit and then switch "Ready to Fly" again. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem after that. Let me know if this workaround works for you as well.

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » 07 Apr 2019, 03:03

I'll give your method a try. I did what you suggested earlier except for the "wait a bit".

One approach that did work was to load and start another aircraft, then switch over to the Vega. The Vega was in a "Cold and Dark" state and all was fine after selecting "Ready to Fly." I'll do some more testing and report back on any more observations.

--WH

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » 07 Apr 2019, 03:56

Just tried another flight with your suggested method, and still could not get the aircraft to properly start or move.

I should add then when I use the "Ready to Fly" option, the engine (and every gauge) starts, stutters and eventually dies along with the sound. I often have to use "Ctrl+E" in addition to a little throttle to get the engine to properly start, then see if I can taxi.

--WH

speedy70

Post by speedy70 » 07 Apr 2019, 13:28

I am having the same problem as warhorse with intermittent inability to move etc..This is in FSXA win7 64bit.

Cheers Chris

VivaLasVega

Post by VivaLasVega » 07 Apr 2019, 14:39

I PM'd Vitus with the reults of my efforts to get the Vega to fly. The gist is:
- I load up in P3D v4.3 all aircraft 'engine running'
on load up Vega engine runs 5 secs then dies.
- I did shift + 6 & engine restarts, but only idles & no throttle response. But on screen P3D message says 'Engine not started, do Ctrl + E.' So I did & belching smoke then gave a throttle controllable engine. Progress!
- But no aircraft movement forward
My ctrl + . was switching brakes on & off ok. On a hunch I found Heimrech on LHS of screen & ticked box for 'put chocks in place'. He did
I then ticked, 'remove chocks,' he did & Vega moved fwd!! :D
That would have been great but I accidentally clicked 'extend steps' while trying to clear the Heimrich tick box off screen & the steps did extend as I was on roll out!
-I then lost the Heimrich box [perhaps on wrong screen view?], & ended up taking off with extended steps.
Vega handled that very well.
Great aircraft, I am sure this will get straightened out.
I am looking fwd to trying again today.
Cheers
VLV