Another preview - meet Jack!

General information about the Wing42 Lockheed Vega.
Vitus

Another preview - meet Jack!

Post by Vitus » 23 Jun 2019, 02:31

phpBB [media]
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

Butch

Re: Another preview - meet Jack!

Post by Butch » 23 Jun 2019, 13:57

Hi Otmar,

Saw this new feature (V0.90) on SOH and I must say that the additional ground mechanic is a very clever idea.
Will this update be added to my account - i.e., free upgrade when released? Any ballpark guess as to when V 0.90 will be out?

I am also looking forward to the Electra and can imagine that the same feature used in the Vega (startup) and "mechanic" dialog will
be inherited by the Electra.

Cheers :)

Butch

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 23 Jun 2019, 19:33

Hi Butch,
Yes, just like with the previous updates, v0.9 is included in your purchase and the file in Download section will automatically updated for all previous customers.

I think it'll be a few more weeks until we're done with Jack - there are so many malfunctions and for each of those there need to be recordings, transcripts, references to the manual, etc. It's actually a LOT of work to get this done. However, I am currently considering of releasing a preview of 0.9 with only about half of the malfunctions included, so you guys can give some feedback.

And also yes, those features will definitely be part of the Electra at some point. I'll write about my plans once I can see the Vega project coming to an end ;-)

mthrift

Post by mthrift » 23 Jun 2019, 19:56

Great stuff. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the effort into the details!

Michael

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 23 Jun 2019, 21:53

Michael, It makes me very happy to know that there's a large group of people out there who appreciate the work!

Thank you all for your support!

Jaggyroad

Post by Jaggyroad » 30 Jun 2019, 22:25

Exciting! These are features I’ve wanted for a long time. It’s a bridge between a game, and simulation for me. Immersion is king.
Image Wing42 | Moderator
“We can each change the world, with genuine acts of kindness.” - Mongai Fankam

speedy70

Post by speedy70 » 02 Jul 2019, 15:21

Great stuff Otmar.
Yes use us as beta testers that is a really good idea.
If you do not want to make it a general release send it to a few chosen customers.

cheers Chris

Ian Fisher

Post by Ian Fisher » 11 Jul 2019, 23:27

Otmar,

Add me to the list of pilots waiting for the upgrade. Will there be a way of setting the frequency of the failures or even turning them off for a particular flight?

Ian

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 12 Jul 2019, 00:35

Hi guys,
Thanks for your support! We're getting closer to finish and hence there won't be an intermediate release - it takes a long time to prepare everything for an update and I rather spend more time working on the aircraft itself.

I want to let you know that the upcoming version will probably contain a number of bugs. The reason for that is the complexity of the systems simulation and I am hoping that you guys will help out by reporting your experiences with the new version.

The general idea is that v.0.9 will unlock all those nifty new functionalities, but it'd be great if you guys could put a lot of hours into the airframe to see WHEN and HOW things start to break down and whether or not those times need to adjusted. It's hard to test the frequency of a malfunction when things only get interesting after about 200 hours. Whenever we find something isn't right, I'll release a hotfix to address the issue.

Ian, the overhauled settings panel contains checkboxes to enable/disable malfunctions of specific modules. For instance by switching off the engine malfunctions, the parts won't deteriorate and you can fly as if she was a default aircraft. At the same time, the current status of all your parts is being saved - so when you turn the malfunctions back on you should find her in the exact state as before.

Provided wear & tear is turned on, the frequency of failures itself depends on how you're handling the aircraft. Generally speaking, things don't just break down. It's usually a slow process of deterioration and if you're sending her in for regular inspections, you should be fine 8-)