Request a feature

General information about Wing42's Lockheed Vega.
YoYo

Re: Request a feature

Post by YoYo » 09 Aug 2018, 22:07

Thx for kind reply :). I think (about rain effect) You can do own effect on windshield using P3Dv4 SDK, Im not sure for 100% but please notice that default Maule has this (and it looks nice too). Just idea Vitus.

Jarek

Post by Jarek » 10 Aug 2018, 20:39

Float plane I think would be best matched with P3Dv4 version of AccuFeel (as soon as it will be available) - to have proper water physics.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 11 Aug 2018, 23:23

Btw. About rain effect on the windshield. Its possible to use the same effect like defaul Maule, example of SA315 Lama (released Today on Simmarket):

This feature will look cool on the Vega :) .

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 17 Aug 2018, 21:07

Example :) (P3Dv4 SDK) :

phpBB [media]

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 17 Aug 2018, 22:09

I'll have a look at it when I find the time. As you know my current focus is on system simulation. I wasn't aware that there was something native in P3D, so I'll definitely put it on my list ;)
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 17 Aug 2018, 23:18

Yep, I know, Im boring with this request about this rain effect but it looks awsome simply and its the kind of fashion... in this Year rain effect offers: P3Dv4, DCS and IL-2 (and FSW from the beginning).

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 26 Aug 2018, 11:24

Next idea.
The new 2D panel with... map (for example Shift+6). Something like on A2A products. It could be without any marks, info, small plane, wind rose, ect, just map with North Up orientation.
For sure the plane will be on the center but hidden, examples:

I think the map with Zoom on and off enough.

Vitus

Post by Vitus » 26 Aug 2018, 13:35

I was thinking about this for a loooong time now. The one thing I desperately want to avoid is to loose the anxiety of getting lost. To me, this is a fundamental part of flying an aircraft like the Vega: you don't necessarily always know exactly where you are, and trying to figuring it out, using a real-world map is extremely rewarding in my humble opinion. I do agree however that having a map available in flight would be extremely beneficial, but the gps function of the sim is build around indicating exactly where you are.
Developing a map that doesn't give away your position is a huge task, but it is something I want to work on eventually. But it probably won't be part of the Vega any time soon, since it needs a loooot of time to complete. I hope you understand the predicament.... :?
Image Wing42 | The Simulation Company

YoYo

Post by YoYo » 26 Aug 2018, 21:55

Ok, its clear.
--------------------------------------
Next suggestion (but maybe it's intended also).
In Vega no any trim indicator, is it possible to add to this tooltip pisition of trim (for example Elevator trim -1.15)?

--------------------------------------
Image Image

Any chances to mask this gaps (glass)? From pilot view its ok, but from pax we will see the sky :) (they are transparent).

Tailspin45

Post by Tailspin45 » 27 Aug 2018, 02:27

I heartily agree with the view that adding anything that makes this bird other than the most amazing late '20s aircraft she is should be avoided. A map, yes; moving map, no. Lo Freq radio, yes; ADF maybe; HF maybe; VOR, Loran, GPS, VHF/ATC...NO!

There are oodles of aircraft with modern nav/com avionics etc. That's not what this aircraft is about. If you want to stay entertained and know where you are add the authentic drift sight and celestial nav with a sextant. Flew a C-47 from Boston to Chile and then to Tahiti using just drift sight and DR, with celestial fixes enroute. (See an account of one leg from Easter Island to Pago Pago here.)

Authenticity!
Last edited by Tailspin45 on 12 Oct 2018, 23:58, edited 3 times in total.